Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bellarific Friday May 15




Happy Victoria Day!!! How I love long weekends and especially "extra" long weekends. I decided to take Friday off as well to get a number of items off my "to do" list. Friday morning was up bright and early and went out to the farm and planted a number of flower pots. I thought this year I would seed and then transplant into my flower pots. However, with this cold weather were having I left them in the greenhouse to get rooted and to have some warmth. Likely in a couple of weeks or so will go out and see how they are doing and as long as the weather is on the warmer side will bring them home. If this works out, not only will it save me a bundle of money that I normally spend of flowers but will give me pride in knowing I grew and planted the containers myself . Lets keep our fingers crossed that there will be vibrant blooming flowers shortly.

The theme for this weeks Bella challenge was gold and bling. I did a couple of cards and decided to use this one for the challenge. I coloured the lamp with my prisma pencils and gamsol then layered the image on glittery bright pink paper which was cut out with my nestibilities. The DP and green paper was layered on shiny gold paper for the base where I added ribbon, few Bella dots and bright pink metallic gems. Then I cut 2 flowers with my flower nesties and added a pink gem stone brad to the centre. Oh yes.............to finish it off glitter was added to the image.





Related Posts with Thumbnails