Saturday, August 1, 2009

Just call me "Grace"


Whaaa Hooo.... today I am starting a weeks vacation. We are not going away which is perfectly fine by me ..... just a few day trips here and there and hopefully a lot of stamping.

Just a short story about another one of my Brenda....isms!!! Thursday at work I was on a high realizing that just one more day and I would be off for a weeks vacation. So as I am talking with my bestest co-worker Janet, I decided to do a pirouette to show my excitement ..... so as I am doing my most graceful ballerina move my turn was just a bit too close to her desk and my arm caught the collection of pictures, knick knacks and name tag which all went crashing down. Luckily I did not break a thing which was completely amazing in itself and didn't get hurt other than my pride. I did get the knick name "Grace" for the rest of the day though.

On to my card ....... which was created for the House Mouse and the Color Throwdown challenge. Coloured up the HM image using my prisma pencils, added glitter to the icing, party hats and candles. The dark brown base was layered with striped DP paper, layered a strip of pink and green paper, green ribbon and finally metal corners.

12 comments:

The Wired Angel said...

Love, love your card Grace (ooops, I mean Brenda).. absolutely great coloring. But how did you do the yellow background. I would love to know. Thanks, Peggy M

Becky said...

Great card, wonderful coloring.

Anonymous said...

Ha!Ha!Ha! What made you think that you could pull off a pirouette? OMG ! Well Georgia Grace, at least you can do cards! This one is adorable! Looking forward to our day trip!

Carmen O. said...

This is just too cute! You colored your image beautifully and all the detail is fabulous. Great take on the challenge!

Gina Lindsay said...

Funny story!! I have had that same nickname since I was a child! What a great card, I especially like the color around the image, it really makes you think of the candle glow.

scrapperjulia said...

THis is a really cute card! Love the colors and how you colored that great image, great job!

stephanne said...

My invitation got lost in the mail, lol. That ice cream cone looks yummy, and I love the colours you've used, lovely card.
Stephanne

LeAnne said...

Oh my, hope your work friend wasn't too upset! This is a cute little CTD card--sweet images! Thanks for playing with us!
LeAnne

dpkennedy said...

Okay, so no more dancing in the office, lol! Love HM and it's colored lovely! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

Carolyn Bounds said...

Holy moly!!! This card is incredible!!! Your coloring always knocks my socks off because it is sooooo perfect!!! I can almost taste that yummy ice cream:o) I also love that wonderful ribbon!!! Another stunner, my dear!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Tammi said...

LOL, I've been called Grace a time or two! ;) Your card is CUTE! One of my fav HM images, love the corners and the yummy colors.

Janet C said...

LOVE the card Brenda!....I mean Grace...or maybe we should revert back to Storm??
Enjoy the rest of your vacay and see you on Monday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails