Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Lulu had a Steamboat......steamboat had a bell....


Does anyone remember that song???? Thats all I think about when I see the Lulu Collection from Stamping Bella. LOL LOL......... I know there are different versions to this song as well.....but not for blog content...

I was so excited with Monday being a holiday and I had all my house duties caught up I would be able to spend the day creating......well let me tell you..... It took me an entire day to do 1 card and at the end of it all was not real impressed. Needless to say I was very frustrated and thought I was loosing my MOJO.

Until.......After work on Tuesday I threw together this card in about an hours time from start to finish. It amazes me how you can spend hours and get nothing accomplished and then basically without much thought put together this card in less that an hour. "What is with that"

I chose The Pink Elephant Colour challenge using red, black, yellow and white and also the Flourishes sketch challenge .... which I did in reverse. The base of the card is in sparkly black, layered with some DP with a strip of pale yellow edged with MS punch. The image is from Stamping Bella called Gertie from the Lulu Collection which was coloured with prisma pencils with yellow glitter added to the edge of her skirt and to the butterflies. Layered the image on red and yellow cut from nesties and finished with a red button tied with black ribbon.


14 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Brenda - this is such a pretty take on the sketch!!! The image is toooo cute!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us!!! Hugs ~S~

Scrapping Julie said...

what a cute stamp. sorry...i dont know that song. i think i am glad because it seems like one i would not be able to get out of my head.
LOL. very nice card.

Diana said...

I remember that song and now I have it stuck in my head. LOL. Cute image and beautifully colored.

Payne Holler Cards said...

your journaling had me laughin'..so true it is!!! and then the one you don't like...everyone else does!!! I also remember that song..too funny! your card is adorable - thanks for the smile this morning!!
Linda P

specialcraftmom4 said...

Great card! I love the color combination you used (:

Betty Wright said...

Brenda, this is so adorable!!! Wonderful colors and detailing!!! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, I TOTALLY remember singing that song as a kid...hee! Thanks for the memory. :)

Totally ADORABLE card!!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card!! I love your colors and layout!! :) And yes..I remember that song!! TEE!! Too cute!! HUGS

Sara said...

This is soooo cute! I just ordered one of these, can't wait!

Gina Lindsay said...

I have days like that too when it seems the more time I put into a card the less I like it! Then later will come back and make something I love in short time. This is fantastic! Love the colors and the way you colored in the image. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Brenda Marie! Very cute card,.........and I think I remember that little tune! The "not for blog" version! ;oD Tracy

Sheri Gilson said...

Very cute card!! Thanks for playing along with us at TPE this week!!

Sheri
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

Brenda, this is just lovely. I love the red, black and cream colors together. The border punch and the button with the ribbon are fabulous choices on here also.

Unknown said...

This is adorable. I can totally relate to spending hours on a card and not being happy with it. It happens more than I care to admit.

Related Posts with Thumbnails